The Arc of Colorado is a support and advocacy organization for individuals with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities (I/DD) and their families. The Arc believes in self-determination by empowering people to make informed choices. We believe that children with I/DD should have the supports and services they need to live in their family homes, to succeed in school and to partake in all of the experiences of childhood. Adults with I/DD should have the opportunity to lead lives of their own choosing, to be free from poverty, to be employed, to reside in the community, and to live independently with ready access to whatever services and supports they need. The Arc is known as a responsive nonprofit organization, constantly evolving to meet the changing needs and circumstances of people with I/DD and their families. Based on the values of The Arc and the need to be responsive to the needs of our community The Arc of Colorado has created The Calabrese Life Opportunities Fund. The fund is named in honor of Elizabeth Calabrese – a longtime Colorado advocate and supporter of people with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities.
The Calabrese Life Opportunities fund is designed to help people with developmental disabilities of all ages to obtain technological devices, applications to be used on technological devices or training on the use of technological devices and applications. Access to technology and information access is essential for community and social participation, employment, education, health, and general communication. Any individual with an intellectual and/or developmental disabilities in the State of Colorado is eligible to apply for assistance through a grant application to the Calabrese Life Opportunities Fund.
We invite you to share in creating this legacy for our community by contributing to the fund. Your contribution to The Arc of Colorado will be designated for the Life Opportunities Fund and is fully tax-deductible. We invite you to partner with us by sharing this invitation with your friends and family.
- The Arc believes in self-determination by empowering people with the supports needed to make informed decisions and choices.
- The Arc has responsibility to ensure the safety and well-being of individuals.
- Infants, children, and youth with I/DD have access to the supports and services they need to live in their family homes, to succeed in school and to partake in all of the experiences of childhood.
- Adults with I/DD have the opportunity to lead lives of their own choosing, to be free from poverty, to be employed, to reside in the community, and to live independently with ready access to whatever services and supports they need.
- The Arc is a household name, well-known and respected as an effective, responsive, well-managed, responsibly governed, and sustainable nonprofit organization.
- We are constantly evolving to meet the changing needs and circumstances of people with I/DD and their families.
This fund is a program of The Arc of Colorado designed to help people with developmental disabilities of all ages with technology needs.
Our Application Process
Please download and fill out the Application Form completely. Your signature is required.
- This fund does NOT assist with rent, utilities, deposits or any past bills. Items or services that have already been provided or even ordered are not funded.
- This fund is designed to “jump-start” supports and resources without creating a reliance on continued funding and services.
- We do not fund requests covered by other programs, however, we will attempt to provide referrals.
- Applications are reviewed on a “blind” basis identifying factors are unknown to the Application Review Committee.
- Vendors will be paid directly, only after the item or service has been provided per our written approval.
- Please attach a written vendor estimate for items such as medical equipment, wheelchairs, prostheses, auto/van modifications. Since these are often expensive items, please seek out and let us know if the applicant is eligible for help from other organizations or sources and how much has been pledged or received.
- Please include any evidence of prior funding, denial, etc. that may support your need.
- Our Application Review Committee meets on an on-going basis as Application Forms are received. As soon as we receive all the needed information, the request will be reviewed. Applicants will be notified within 30 days of approval or denial of request.